Operates the world’s leading online and mobile marketplace for takeaway food
Just Eat operates the world's leading online and mobile marketplace for takeaway food
- Sales £248m
- Employees >1,800
- Industry Consumer Services, Technology, Telecoms & Internet
- Headquarters UK
- Geographic Footprint Global
- Website www.just-eat.com
- Investment Date April 2012
- Fund VIP I
- Launched in Denmark in 2001
- Operates in 16 countries on four continents
- Processed over 96 million orders in 2015
- Over 61,000 takeaway restaurants are signed up
- Proprietary technology platform
- Highly rated consumer mobile app
Highlights since Vitruvian investment
Just Eat has embarked on an ambitious international growth programme, entering new geographies organically and through acquisitions.
Innovation & Technology
The company has made significant investments to deliver everything from new mobile apps to new electronic point of sale technology to its restaurant partners.
More than 65% of orders are now placed on mobile devices.
Just Eat became the first company to list on the London Stock Exchange’s High Growth Segment (ticker LSE:JE).
” We were hugely excited to support Just Eat at a critical point in the development of its exceptional business. The management team have done a fantastic job in quickly establishing Just Eat’s global leadership position, and we are delighted that our investment and support towards a successful IPO has helped to provide the company with a strong financial base for future growth for many years to come. “
Mike Risman, Managing Partner